Epiphany

The wind whipped my face as I ran out of my old self. Sorrows peeled of my body, wilting away like a shimmer into the zephyr. Heart beating ahead of me finding its own frequency attuned with love. I ran towards the horizon, chasing it, until I was treading through the mist of fantasies and dreams that felt too good to be true. It was like being in the skies that reside in my mind, where each thought was a cloud passing by. 

I kept running for don't know how long with this enormous smile on my face. Mind numbed with content. Euphoria radiating through every cell of my body. Eternal bliss was what it felt like in the moment.

I halted as his face flashed through mind. I recalled that face. That hint of surprise in his eyes. That smile which spread across his face so effortlessly. Like that was the only way he could possibly react. So contagious that my lips tugged up at his sight. I smiled. I wasn't placid as I imagined myself to be. I smiled wholeheartedly. I smiled trying to contain the bubbling excitement. I smiled amusing at the fact that how I couldn't resist. I smiled at how natural it felt. I smiled at how alive I felt. I smiled at how love was all that I perceived with every blink, seeming to increase a bit till it brimmed my vision. Immersed in the fervor, I rendered the epitome of ecstasy when I was delighted by his sight again. This time he grinned. He grinned that obvious grin. His eyes creased with a glint of amazement. I was just awestruck. My lips split into a grin mirroring his like a bulb going off. It was going to be plastered to my face for eternity. I knew. Every time I think of him that grin spreads across my face like a program stuck in infinite loop.

In that split second I realized that I want to smile like that for the rest of my life. And only that face can make me smile like that. I want to wake up to that face everyday and rejoice its existence. His existence. I want to feel the joy in calling him mine. I want to feel the zeal every time his name rolls of my tongue. I want to be his. Mentally, spiritually, physically. In every possible -ally of human reality. I want to feel my heart expand with love in his presence. That day I gave myself to love and felt its potential to my core. It felt liberating. Being in love. It was incredible to me that I was capable of feeling such intense emotions. Such unconditional love for another human being. I was rejuvenated into a version of myself that was stoked with love.

And He was the reason for which I will be forever grateful to Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Placid

Melancholia