Utopia

 I was lying dispersly scattered along the shore. Vulnerable to the slightest of breeze. Delighted by his sight, l basked in the serenity his existence offered. I made peace with an occasional glimpse of him raised high about to crash. Deep inside of my heart, I grew fond of him with time. I longed to be within him, exist as his own. Thrive alongside him through the nights for the days and from the sun to the moon. I was astounded by the amorous desire I felt to be in his proximity. But his aloofness rendered me helpless.

At twilight when the sun immersed itself in the horizon. The dark above enhanced the hint of a moon ensuing for the night to witness the smiles of those awaiting the moonlight. He came out of nowhere and engulfed me in a colossal wave, taking me into his possession. And I just went with the flow. His flow. I couldn't phantom as to how I always had this void inside of me. His presence was so vivid that I felt whole in a way I never did before. I was captivated by his being. His affection towards me was so fathomless that I plummeted even deeper in his love. Together we explored the abysmal
profoundness of life. From dawn to dusk, entwined with the bonds of love we glided towards a forever we both aspired. 

So engrossed I was in our ventures through the days that I underestimated the unusual gust of wind. The azure sky was stained with blotches of livid clouds. The orb of the night which was luminous earlier now hid behind the overcast looming upon us. Dread spread all over me as the notion of a catastrophic cyclone flashed before me. I was horrified to think of the consequences that would befall upon us. 

Our ties were strong enough to withhold the wrath of this calamity. But that cyclone unfold its rage to as if to banish our continuance as one entity. I failed in saving us from the conundrums of the world. It was unimaginable how decades of intimacy was torn apart in just a jiffy. 

I spiraled down into the chasms of emptiness. Scattered on the surface stretching into infinity I maneuvered to redeem myself from the aftermath of this fiasco. I stood conscious with a feeling of missing something. Having no whiff of the reason, I tried to contemplate the events that lead me to a culmination of the hallow in my chest. My heart was perished by him. A surge of exuberant joy spurred inside me at the revelation. I drifted across the ocean mystified by the secrets of life unveil in front of me. Arriving at the roots of my being I happily lay along the shore once more. 

As a juxtapose to past and present, now, I didn't perceive scattered or disperse, because I had witnessed the wonders of utopia. I had beheld the incessant beauty of love. I have experienced the flutters and jitters of being loved and to love. I didn't feel alone anymore as he was with me in the  memories in which we spent days cherishing the gift of love bestowed upon us. I didn't miss him as we miss those, who we forget in the sands of time, which I didn't about him. 


Comments

  1. I am so in love with your writing. I can relate each and every emotion. The way you describe them tugs at the right strings of my heart♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad my writing gives you pleasure. Thank you s much for reading.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh! This is serene. The imagery and sensory descriptions drew me right in from the beginning and immersed me in your words until the end. The way you write makes it almost feel real.
    @lucid_thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your feedback and time. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Gad you like it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Placid

Melancholia

Epiphany